Saturday, July 29, 2017

Childhood Romance

Image result for childhood romance tumblr
He told me I was Venus.
I don't understand what he meant, he said he just like that name. So, I said yeah and called him 'astronaut', with terms and condition. In my definition, it is supposed to be a person who would never step his feet on Venus unless he determines to burn in flames. He never did understand the literal meaning.

8.00 a.m is when he told me he likes my laugh; the way my big front baby teeth appeared as I open my jaw, exhales the air out. I know that was gross and he was weird to adore that. I asked him why and he said "It's cute. Your dimples." I frowned and told him that I only have one. He giggled sheepishly, "One in your left cheek, the other one is only visible to me." I rolled my eyes in disgust.

At February 14th, he brought me white roses, bear, and chocolates. My friends were cheering and my teachers were asked me to accept it. But, I cried and threw him rocks, ended up spending my whole day in the principal's room (I wish I had the pic). I never liked surprises ever since. It wasn't because I hate him or anything, but it was absolutely ridiculous. We were only 7. What did he expect!?

The roses were nowhere to be found. The chocolates were shared to the whole class instead (they were very happy tho!). And I kept the teddy bear, as I have promised his mom to at least keep that. (note: I gave the plushie away for charity for Mt. Merapi Explosion in 2005, thanks, it was finally useful)

In grade 4, an incident happened. He was transferred to another school and I never knew where he is until now. He never bids me a goodbye or anything, not even a chance for me to clarify things. I was mute the whole day, knowing that he was going to leave me miles away is pretty exhilarating and somewhat intoxicating.

I realized things only after his leaving. He was always there in the canteen, struggling to use his chopsticks. His face would turn red as he gave up and use his hands to eat. He would be there in the library at my lonely times, bringing my favorite orange juice in a carton box. He would sit beside me, asking me to read his favorite Winnie-The-Pooh Bedtime Stories because he still doesn't know how to read. I urged him to learn how to read but he ignored, saying "It sounds better if you are the one who reads it for me." I rolled my eyes again, but he was too nice for bringing me orange juice, so I nodded instead.

It has been 10 years and I wish I could tell him what has always been on my mind. I was only his Pluto. In the end, I was abandoned and is no longer considered to be in his solar system. He thought I never liked him the way he does. Little did he know, 

he was wrong too.


For I also love him dearly, 
as a friend.



DISCLAIMER: It's NOT referring to someone or ANYONE. :)

#WKWKKWKWKWKW #fictionfictionfiction #someeventsarereal #mychildhoodisajoke #donttakeitseriouslyplzz #creativewritingpurposeonly

2 comments:

  1. Little bit dissapointed, why didn't I read the end section first wkwk. The story is nice anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhahaha thank you! i don't know if i would get such reaction tho. thankssss

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for visiting! ~^^
I read every comment and I do blog walking too.
Please use good words, I really appreciate!

Regards,
Febby